Embedded Senior Software Developer
Embedded Linux C Software Developer - Senior, Cluj office
For one of our first collaborators, the global leader in enterprise wireless communications, we are building a brand new software development team.
Since 1990, Spectralink Corporation has deployed over 3 million purpose built devices to customers around the world enabling millions of workers to work smarter with more efficient and reliable enterprise communications. Spectralink has a strong network of partners selling mobile workforce solutions that are purpose-built for staff working in sectors including healthcare, retail and manufacturing.
We are looking for talented and highly motivated Software Engineers to become part of a growing engineering team focused on developing new embedded and application software for enterprise-class DECT communication products.
The positions involve cross functional interaction with Test Engineering, Product Management, Software Quality Assurance, Global Services and occasionally Sales.
What you’ll be doing
- product development, from defining system architecture to design and coding of features, platforms, prototypes on preliminary and final products;
- troubleshoot complex system level defects and implement efficient fixes;
- work in both a scrum and iterative design methods, helping the team to continuously improve;
- improve code quality through the use of unit tests, test automation, code reviews and other software development best practices;
- continuously looking for opportunities to improve the processes and products;
- collaborate with other developers, QA team members and customers to produce high quality software
What you’ll need to be successful
- Extensive experience working with ANSI C
- Very good knowledge of Linux, GCC , network and communication protocols
- Previous experience with REST API and JSON would be an advantage
- Some knowledge of telephony infrastructure, SIP as well as either Analogue, ISDN or other Internet telephony protocols, wireless telephony and alarms system may help
- Previous experience with embedded systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of web user interfaces could be helpful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to communicate and resolve issues.
- Ability to work closely with other members (some possibly remote) of the engineering team to meet rapid development timelines.
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, exercise good judgment, and meet schedules with minimal supervisio
What we’ll hook you up with:
- The opportunity to enhance your technical skills by learning and experimenting with new technologies
- Competitive salary
- A flexible schedule
- Very good benefits package including full SPA membership
- Career development through focus on technical training and personal growth
- And a pet friendly environment :)